HAPP will be holding its first virtual event online by Zoom with a Nobel Laureate Discussion Panel
on "The Greatest Physics Discoveries of the 20th Century" on Friday 31st July from 5-7 pm BST.
A Nobel Laureate panel will discuss their choices for "The Greatest Physics Discoveries of the
20th Century" and confirmed panellists are:
- Professor Steven Weinberg ForMemRS (Nobel Prize in Physics, 1979)
- Professor William Phillips (Nobel Prize in Physics, 1997)
- Professor Sir Anthony Leggett FRS (Nobel Prize in Physics, 2003)
- Professor John Mather (Nobel Prize in Physics, 2006)
Confirmed discussants are:
- Professor Dame Jocelyn Bell Burnell FRS FRSE (University of Oxford)
- Professor S. James Gates Jr (Brown University)
- Professor Chung-Pei Ma (University of California, Berkeley)
The full programme is available at:
and registration for the conference can be made at the following webpage:
Note: this seems to be a paid event. It may require payment upon registration.