Dear OCPA members,
I hope that all of you have started a wonderful new year of 2020. On behalf of the OCPA past President Dr. Nu Xu and President Dr. Dongping Zhong, I would like to make the following announcement on the recent and near future activities of OCPA.
1. New OCPA Executive Council
Nu Xu has retired from the Presidency of OCPA and hereby announced the new OCPA Executive Council for 2019~2020:
- OCPA President Dongping Zhong (Ohio State University)
- Vice President Cheng Chin (University of Chicago)
- Secretary Lei Bao (Ohio State University)
2. The 10th OCPA meeting will be organized in 6/28~7/1/2020 at Chung-Hsin University in Taichung, Taiwan. We strongly encourage you to join us.
Please see more information at http://ocpaweb.org/home/
Also see the conference webpage at https://conferences.iams.sinica.edu.tw/ocpa10/
3. 2019 OCPA awards solicitation is now open, please check http://ocpaweb.org/home/
Let us know you have excellent candidates to recommend for the
- Achievement in Asia Award (Robert T. Poe Prize),
- Outstanding Dissertation Award (ODA), and,
- Outstanding Young Researcher Award (Macronix Prize).
The deadline is extended to January 31, 2020. See more details at http://ocpaweb.org/home/2019-ocpa-awards-nominations/
4. We are proudly announcing the following high honors received by our fellow physicists and astronomers in 2019. Congratulations!
- Xiaogang Wen: ICTP Dirac medal
- Xiaowei Zhuang: National Academy of Sciences Award for Scientific Discovery
- Jun Ye: APS Norman F. Ramsey Prize
- Xiaoxing Xi: APS Andrei Sakharov Prize
- Xie Chen: 2020 New Horizons in Physics Prize
5. We are also announcing the winners of 2018 OCPA awards:
- Achievement in Asia Award (Robert T. Poe Prize): Wen-Hao Chang (Department of Electrophysics, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan)
- Outstanding Young Researcher Award (Macronix Prize): Cui-zu Chang (Department of Physics, Pennsylvania State University, Pennsylvania, USA)
Outstanding Dissertation Award:
- Chaojie ZHANG (University of California Los Angeles, graduated from Tsinghua University)
- Zhelin Zhang (Tsung-Dao Lee Institute, graduated from Shanghai Jiao Tong University)
- Jing Li (Los Alamos National Laboratory, graduated from Pennsylvania State University)
- Shaowei Li (UC Berkeley, graduated from UC Irvine)
For more information about OCPA, awards, membership and future activities, please check our website: http://ocpaweb.org/
OCPA Vice President